CMS Collection Page unable to link properly to the correct post

Hi Webflow friends,
How are you guys doing?

Attached is a link to a project I’m working on for my client:
http://studio-indigold.webflow.io/events

For the event page, for some reason I could not link the correct post to the CMS collection.
Upon clicking the image on the event page, I should be able to link to the correct post automatically but somehow it only shows the latest one which is the Mercado de Sonora Pop-Up event info.

I’ve been stuck for days now and I would really appreciate your help again!

Elaine

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hey there!
Can you share your preview link so that we can take a look from inside the designer? :wink:

@nita_design

Hi Nita,
I’m not exactly sure what you mean as I have attached the link above.
I’ve made it public too for the time being. Hope that works!

Elaine

No worries!
Here, just follow these instructions and paste the link on this thread:

Aww thanks! Sorry Im kinda noob in this.
Just started my webflow journey last year and still learning new things everyday about Webflow.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/studio-indigold?preview=bd6d2b88d0878b702df90e77e3f1082a

On the events page, select your button link and navigate to the settings panel.
You’ll then be able to set the link direction by selecting “Current Event”.

Hope this helps :wink:

EDIT: On the image link, make sure to uncheck the “open link in new tab”. You currently have it on, so that might be causing the issue on the image link.

Oh opps, sorry I wasn’t clear.

On the event page, there is an image on the left that I want to link to the CMS Collection page instead.
It works for the 1st post, but for the 2nd post, it always links to the details of the 1st post.
I don’t know why it does not work :frowning:

I want to make it this page like an event summary instead of an event list page (which is what it is now).

I’d mark this one as a possible bug :frowning:
If you choose from the top dropdown on the events template, to navigate between events, they all also display the same info (which is from your 1st post), so the events list is not being properly populated either…

:frowning:

Sob what should I do Nita?
Should I start over?

I’d change the thread category from “CMS help” to Bug (if not possible just try opening a new thread).

You also can try to change something on all your CMS events and save them again to see if that unblocks the situation.

If that doesn’t solve the problem, you might need assistance from the WF team…

The links on http://studio-indigold.webflow.io/events are correct, but it looks like there is a bug that makes every event page render the first event:

We’ll look into this. Thanks for the heads-up!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! You guys are the best :slight_smile:

Hey there! It seems there is a full collection added to the “Events Template” page, that has a filter to limit items to 1. This is like telling the Designer “for every Events template page, show just the first element of the Events collection”.

To fix this, there is no need to start over. You would need to:

1. Unbind the image, text and other bound elements inside the “Events Template” page
  2. Cut these inner elements and paste them outside the collection inside the body (or another container).
  3. Remove the collection
  4. Bind again the image, text and any other content you cut in step 2.

You can learn more about bindings in collection pages in Collection pages | Webflow University.

Let us know if you have any questions :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@blahblahlaine

In the templates pages you don’t need to include collections, unless you want to list items from another collection (which is not your case).

Here is another tip:
Delete the collection from the Events template page and just add a section with a container and your elements (image, heading, date, text)

Hopefully that will help solving the issue :wink:

1 Like

Thank you guys for all your help! That worked like a charm :slight_smile:
I’m so happy that it is working now.
You guys are the best :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.