Client portal upload

Hello I hope you all are keeping safe.

A client of mine has asked “can they have their customers have their own login portal where they can update their own information on their business“

I guess the best way to describe it is like an eBay/tinder

I did look into you memberstack but I don’t believe the client could upload information that would then upload with flow CMS

Is there any API or tools then a customer could upload info that will auto upload to Webflow CMA

Thank you in advance

@Adam_Wright Welcome back to the forums!!!

Well depending on what type of information you are talking about, Memberstack allows you to create custom fields which then you can use to add the user’s profile. For example, if you wanted a profile field for favorite food, then you would just create a custom field and the customer can enter and update that information.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Hey @chris_loggins Thanks for getting back to me.

So lets say a customer updates their favourite food and hit save could the non members see what their favourite food is?

Concept of this website is to connect people who are looking to get married to a list of local venders in their area so I will need all the venders to have their own CMS like feature

Thanks

@Adam_Wright by default that information wouldn’t be publicly available. If you wanted to display members profile publicly you would need to use an API or something like Zapier to pull data and display it publicly.

You can read more about this here: Public Profiles, Marketplaces, and Member Directories (Craigslist, Dribbble, etc) | Memberstack Help Center

1 Like

Hello @Adam_Wright

I know this post is from a while ago, and @chris_loggins pointed you to some great info on how you might do this, but I just chime in as someone working at Memberstack to point you (or anyone else reading this) to other resources.

Just to give some more specific recommendations, the process by which users are able to modify those user info is a dashboard. Here is a good page on how you might go about that. There are a few ways to do this, but I find that the easiest way to do this is to create a general dashboard page and use the "data-ms-member" = {field_name} custom attribute to populate each field with the user’s specific data.

If you are hosting the backend of those fields on something like Airtable, creating a Zapier (Integromat, etc.) integration that lets users update those fields, which updates the Airtable, which updates the Memberstack data is an easy solution. Additionally, Memberstack does come with a member profile modal that should let you embed a popup on your site to let your members edit certain fields (email, password, etc.). Both of these options provide slightly different solutions.

The public profile, however, would likely come from an updating Webflow CMS (preferably also linked via Zapier to Airtable) that’ll display that user info on some kind of “users” page. Depending on what you are trying to do, you could build search functionality, filtering, etc. on top of that CMS and display that separately in Memberstack.

As for public profiles, there are many different ways that our users have tried to display them depending on what you are trying to do. There are some good examples on the Memberstack blog – for example here and here.

Let me know if there is anything more specific that I can help with. I know this info is pretty general, but we are always trying to add new features. Keep an eye out for the Memberstack 2.0 release that should be coming out soon.