Clickable collection list grid

I followed the instructions on the video “Turn a collection list into a responsive grid”: Turn a collection list into a responsive grid | Webflow University.

It seemed to work but the blog posts aren’t clickable. It’s just an image with the title on top.

Is there something I’m doing wrong? Or do I have to add a separate link to it? I thought with CSS it would be automatic.

Also, any ideas how to put a text box with the words “Read more” in the grid as in the video? Each time I tried it put the text box outside the grid.

Many thanks

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/just-julia-blog?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=just-julia-blog&preview=fa3a74d5452e09ac3abb826b3d152020&pageId=5d2270e62e58b73873cc8212&mode=preview
Live site: https://www.justjulia.co/travel-life-abroad

Hi @jmarygraham,

You are heading in the right direction, but you are still missing some pieces.

For one, I would recommend against using images as BG images for headings. You may want to check this out for creating blog posts using Collections: Collection list | Webflow University

Here is an excellent video from our very own @PixelGeek on Grid and Collections: How to Webflow: Using CSS Grid with Webflow Collection List Wrappers - Tutorial (2020) - YouTube

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

~ Happy Designing ~
Brandon

Thanks for the swift reply, @QA_Brandon. If that’s the case, why does the tutorial show how to do a grid with BG images? I’m confused. Can I not use that?

I already followed the creating blog posts using collections tutorial you shared but it didn’t help me link to the blog post.

@jmarygraham,

You can use BG images, just not on the Heading element. You would connect a BG to a div block, which is what you are missing. Plus the div block needs to be a Link block or a button added to the div block.

Here is a video for what I mean: Screen Recording 2020-02-14...

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

~ Happy Designing ~
Brandon

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.