Click Trigger in Dynamic Database

I add a click trigger button that would open a text box. Easy enough. However, When I place the click trigger inside of the dynamic data block - if I click the button ALL the text boxes open. And when I click a second time - all the text boxes close.

I only have a few items in the database now - BUT one day I will have 1000 items in the database.

Question: Is there a way to assign names to a field dynamically - making it independent of the all the other items on the page with the dynamic data fields?

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

When you use “Affect other elements” in the interaction triggers they have options:

• limit to sibling elements: When interaction will affect elements with the particular class, BUT only those, which are siblings (has the same parent) of the triggering element.

• limit to nested elements: When interaction will affect elements with the particular class, BUT only those, which are nested (sitting inside) to the triggering element.

So sometimes it makes sense to change the structure a bit so you could use this options or apply interaction to the object, which will let you use one of this options.

More advice could be possible if I could see your read-only link.

Regards,
Anna

1 Like

You can just apply interaction to different objects than they are now.
In your structure you can pick objects that are siblings:

Here is a video how to change interaction objects: https://youtu.be/N7eyRu2btSM

Also, I would suggest putting text block inside the link block, and not the opposite. But even with existing structure effect that you need is possible.

Cheers,
Anna

1 Like

Wow - thats great. Not an intuitive fix- you have some skills.

You are welcome :grinning: :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.