Can't upload background video without crash

Been trying to modify a page with BG video. It acts all funny so I tried to re-load the section and add a fresh BG video. No dice. So I essentially made a blank page with just my nav bar and a section. I try to upload a 14mb BG video and nothing happens. I can wait and wait, nothing. Then if I try and leave the page it hangs up and resets generating an error report.

It won’t let me upload my video clip, so here; the link to it on
https://vimeo.com/323084470

Here is the site: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/louiss-radical-project-d73ee4?utm_source=louiss-radical-project-d73ee4&preview=daf7660e93fdea8f3ddf5343c7a47db5

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Sounds like you might be experiencing networking issues. Try ruling that out first.

Systems are showing no issues. I just pushed a large file with no issues.

Hi @IPT,

Thanks for posting about being unable to upload your background video, as this does sound like weird behavior.

I tried reproducing this behavior on my end but was unable to as you may notice in my test project where I uploaded a 17mb video: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/video-test-iphone-6?utm_source=video-test-iphone-6&preview=ecedf5d32760c6852a6f9cae6b9cda7e

Can you please try the following:

(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help

(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and post here: Image 2018-04-10 at 12.28.2...

Thanks in advance :bowing_man:

Thanks. So, I logged in and tried to upload a new video. Success, it worked fine. Then I tried to change that video - same issue as before. Tried several times with different video, same result. I did try in incognito and still had the same result. I get the upload video dialog, and then the Windows dialog box with thumbnails to choose the video. I choose one, the window closes, and nothing happens (except as noted that very first time). Then I can’t close the upload video dialog box in Webflow and if I change the page I get the “something went wrong page”.

I’m not what you mean by by “console”. Is that within Webflow or just something from my system? Also, once I understand how to get to the console, when you say post it “here”, do you mean in this thread?

Thanks

Hi, @IPT

If you’ll look at this gif, you’ll see instructions for getting to the console: How to get console

Once you try to upload and it quits working on you, please open up your console and grab a screenshot of any errors you see there.

Once you’ve done that, please post that screenshot here!

We’ll be looking forward to your response so we can help you solve this issue. :slight_smile:

This is just the screen shot. It goes on quite a ways…

To add to this. I tried a few other clips and I got a new message. It said “Upload failed, corrupt MP4 file provided”. However, I can readily click on and play that video file without issue on my system. It is currently saved on an external hardrive. Happy to record that as well if it would be helpful. This was also incognito. Trued to get the “console” view , but only got the “Hold ip” message about not pasting code.

@IPT - Download a MP4 from an online source as a test and try uploading that. That could rule out file corruption. You could also try uploading your video to another service as a test.

I will try downloading another one from online once I get home. That said, many of these video have already been uploaded to Vimeo without issue.

Then that would indicate the files are not corrupt. I was suggesting to simply rule that out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.