Can't stack Text Block element over Collection List / Item

Dear Community,

my little problem is most likely a very easy one – but as I’m new to Webflow I can’t find any solution somehow.

I am not able to properly place an Element (like a Text Block or Div) stacked over my Collection List. The Collection Item is placed in a flex grid and is limited to one image. Now I want to place a text box stacked over it. I sort of managed it using absolute positioning but obviously this is not the right solution.
With other elements this is no problem, but the moment I try it it on a Collection List it does not work …

Maybe someone here could help?
Thank you!

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/johanness-groovy-project-fa7513?utm_source=johanness-groovy-project-fa7513&preview=1772587b7b40bb40f4f0df4bc6d0a75d
(how to access public share link)

Why would you say that it isn’t the right solution? Sounds like a solution to me :slight_smile: Tried it and definitely you can do it the way you said.

1 Like

Well, maybe I did something wrong then – I managed it to place it over the image but it’s position changed based on the size of the browser window …

OK

• collection item - set display to flex, direction - horizontal, align: center
  • text block 19 - remove position-top settings

Done

Oh yeah, that worked. :wink:
Thank you!