Can't get CMS + card slider to

Hey guys,

I’ve been beating my head against a wall for an hour, and would love some help! For the life of me, I can’t figure out how to get collection lists and card sliders to work together properly.

It seems I can’t nest the card slider properly within the collection list. I would think that I need to structure things like so:

• Card slider
    – Collection list wrapper
    — Card slider
    ---- Collection item

That way, each slide of the card slider is displaying a separate collection list item. I’ve been able to get things hooked up so that the card slider displays the FIRST item of the collection list, but every card displays the first item.

Any suggestions on what I’m doing wrong? Here’s a screenshot: Dropbox - Screenshot 2020-06-13 23.50.12.png - Simplify your life

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/parkade?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=parkade&preview=f8bedf4e8f4e5e6c32f08aaaf2f18248&mode=preview
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Haven’t solved this yet, but if you use the Next button below, it works…

Hey Jonathan, yeah — it kind of works. It changes everything, all slides, to show the next thing in my collection list. But what I want is for each card to show a different collection list item, and for the existing pagination buttons to flip between them (as they do below in the original template card slider, but that’s just static content).

You did it!! What was the problem???

I didn’t. I gave up — I could not get the collection list and card slider features to work together, for the life of me.

So I ditched the card slider feature completely, and now what looks like a slider is just some divs, designed to look like a slider. Which is annoying, because (1) I can’t show multiple collection list items at one, whereas the slider shows you a peek at the next card while looking at the current slide (2) I had to rebuild a lot of the card slider’s look and functionality.

Really wish I’d been able to figure out what the story is. Seems like these features just don’t work together.

1 Like