Cant decide whether to go with Webflow or not?

I just came across Webflow a few days ago and I have some doubts before I make an e-commerce site for my friend.

1. I visited the pricing section of the Webflow and i have a doubt that I have to buy the Lite plan in the Account plans for just one month while making and editing the site or I have to buy it for a whole one year. I know they have both annually and monthly plans but what will be the use to buy the Lite plan for the whole year if I complete the editing and making the site in just one month.

2. Is stripe integration has happened in India?? Can I add local payment gateways like Gpay, Paytm using any other third-party applications?

3. Should I just buy a CMS plan if I just write blogs for my site?

Welcome to the community @amish_verma!

It’s good you’re thinking about the needs of the project—Webflow is definitely a great option but not suitable for all projects.

I visited the pricing section of the Webflow and i have a doubt that I have to buy the Lite plan in the Account plans for just one month while making and editing the site or I have to buy it for a whole one year. I know they have both annually and monthly plans but what will be the use to buy the Lite plan for the whole year if I complete the editing and making the site in just one month.

I’d recommend using the Free version to see if it’ll work for your project and only upgrade when you’re ready. If you’d prefer to work with a template to start, you can actually unlock more than the 2 static page limit (as your project will start with as many pages as the template includes) and only start paying for the project when you’re ready to add a domain.

Is stripe integration has happened in India?? Can I add local payment gateways like Gpay, Paytm using any other third-party applications?

There’s a list of the support countries below, however it looks like India is still in “Preview”—which isn’t included in Webflow’s integration. Right now Ecommerce only works with Stripe and PayPal but Foxy has fairly deep support with the platform and it supports a bunch of other payment gateways.

Should I just buy a CMS plan if I just write blogs for my site?

Yep, that’s what I’d recommend but you can check out the limitations of each plan at the page below:

Thank you so much @mikeyevin for the quick response. I just went to the stripe site and could see that it’s still in the “Preview” state so I just wanted to ask that I can’t use it until it changes from preview mode in Webflow or not?

So I would use the starter plan for the beginning but my doubt was when we would I upgrade to a lite plan and for what duration would I buy?
Secondly, will I buy the lite plan, or will my client buy it for me for his profile or my profile?

I am sorry for too many questions as I am new to this and I just had too many questions.

I just went to the stripe site and could see that it’s still in the “Preview” state so I just wanted to ask that I can’t use it until it changes from preview mode in Webflow or not?

I believe that’s true. I haven’t tested it out myself but I believe @PixelGeek mentioned it on a stream a week ago. Essentially the integration with Webflow only works for non-preview countries in that list. That said, it can’t hurt to give it a try—it’s possible it’ll give you a notice if you try to connect it to an account that’s operating in an unavailable country.

So I would use the starter plan for the beginning but my doubt was when we would I upgrade to a lite plan and for what duration would I buy? Secondly, will I buy the lite plan, or will my client buy it for me for his profile or my profile?

There are two types of plans—Account plans are for the designer/developer (you) who is working on building the site for the client. If you plan on working on other client projects after the site in question, you’ll probably want to buy this yourself. It’s a business expense and can easily pay for itself after a project or two a year. Site plans are for each individual project (hosted website) and this should be paid by the client. Webflow offers client billing as well, so you can bill out the exact cost of the hosting, or tack on an additional fee depending on the level of service you’re going to provide down the road.

Chances are, if you’re going to work on a larger project you’ll need an Account plan yourself during development, however you can always cancel this plan after the site is published (with a Site plan of it’s own)—the two don’t need to be purchased together.

Hopefully that clarifies things a bit :+1: