Can't change Body Width - says 'browser automatically sets the body's width'

Hey everyone~

So, my website is doing something weird. The Body width is suddenly fixed by the browser. I honestly have no idea what I did. And I tried looking the forums for any answers but to no avail. So I’m reaching out to you good folks to help me out. I feel like it’s a simple fix, but I’m at a point where it’s hard to be objective with my work haha.

Would appreciate any help! Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - CSUF UIF

1 Like

Hello @nessaxx

Can you tell me what you’re trying to achieve? Why you want to change the body width?

Piter :webflow_heart:

Oh, I’m trying to get my website to show up 100% width of the browser. As you can see from the pic, all the contents are squished on the side :frowning: For some reason, the body width is fixed on 50px.

1 Like

I will leave the body as default, but removing the classes solves the problem.

Screen record > https://www.useloom.com/share/745adfa0e85a4a738631ce8db1bec947

Hope this helps :webflow_heart:

1 Like

Ahhh! Thank you so much. I feel like such a dummy for not figuring that out myself. My excuse is that it’s late over here :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks again for all the help! <3

1 Like

We all learn :blush: The most important part is to never stop learning.

Wishing the best :webflow_heart:

1 Like

Hi Peter, I’m trying to implement a design from figma and I want to edit the type of width…so I have the same problem as nessa and removing the class which was only the body since I just started doesn’t work for me.

1 Like

Hello @Julieta_Sosa

Can you share your read-only link with me so I can take a look? Here’s how > Share a read-only link | Webflow University

Peter :webflow_heart:

Hi Peter, The vidoe you recorded to fix this problem doesn’t work anymore. I have the same problem when trying to change the size. It works fine, but on my mobile I have a scrollbar that can pan horizontally which looks bad since its empty there.