Can webflow can give me same exact features I get from WordPress?

Hey! :wave:
I am seriously considering moving a client website from WordPress to webflow, but I need to know if webflow can give me same exact features I get from WordPress.
By features, I mean functionalities like; Customer authentication, Login and logout for customers, being able to collect (and view at any time) information of new customers that sign up, newsletter sync with mailchimp. Also can existing users/customers on WordPress be imported to webflow?

I am still quite new to webflow, but I am pretty confident. My portfolio at https://www.onyekaezeneche.design/ was done by me using a template.

One more thing, can one run a full ecommerce website with webflow?

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Probably not exact. Wordpress has a number of different integrations so would need that list.

The bigger question is why would you leave Wordpress if it has everything you need? You left that part out :slight_smile:

Note as well that with wordpress your client can potentially have access to easily make edits and so forth, out of the box. You would have to host webflow with webflow and then build the site using the webflow cms functions and features if you want the client to be able to edit anything. You can migrate a site from wordpress to the webflow cms see: Migrate from WordPress to Webflow CMS | Webflow University

iPhone and Android is a good analogy. They more or less do the same thing… make calls, play games, notify you when your friends had a nice dinner. But they’re very different experiences and the details of how they do those things are quite different.

The questions you had are way to broad to answer, even with some hints as to the actual feature set you need. Yes Webflow has e-commerce. What do you mean by “full”? Will it do what you need? I’ve no idea.

One thing I’ll intuit MIGHT be a problem for you is that Webflow’s Memberships BETA platform doesn’t yet integrate with Webflow’s ECommerce system. You can charge for memberships, but you cannot e.g. have a store where users can track their order history, login, download receipts, re-order products.

Hi @Onyeka.
Josh with Foxy here. What you’re after is possible with our seamless Webflow integration: https://foxy.io/webflow We can even help with importing customer accounts (may require a one-off fee)

• Sell any type of product (one-off, subscriptions, donations, digital, services, memberships, etc.)
  • Manage products with Webflow CMS (downgrade and save $$$)
  • Connect to 100+ gateways and payment methods
  • Multi-lingual support
  • Multi-currency support
  • Embed a customer portal to allow customers to manage their subscriptions/memberships, view order history, update billing, and more (all inside of your Webflow site)
  • Sell and accept gift cards
  • Custom shipping functionality, logic, and integrations
  • Custom tax functionality, logic, and integrations
  • Powerful coupon and discount functionality
  • Subscribe customers to Mailchimp list via Make or Zapier
  • and more!

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

Very nice portfolio btw.

We have been in this very spot with clients who have Wordpress and we lay out the pros/cons for the client. I find for the most part you can see who Webflow will benefit and who won’t buy it and will want to stick to Wordpress. I do hear a lot of Wordpress folks like yourself also complain about how expensive Webflow us but I think there is a strong business case for using it for many clients.

Our approach is not what platform we necessarily want to use but what platform makes sense for our client.

I find if you have a client that knows some WP and may want to noodle or just know they can noodle if they need to or if they are a tech business and want control, in-house blady blah, you know what I mean. They probably are not going to go with Webflow because it can feel like they are being ‘locked out’ even if it would end up helping their business become more efficient in the long run.

The other case is where you have a business where there is a ‘web gal or guy’ has knowledge enough to get in there and make changes to Wordpress and everything has to go through them. A Dr’s office or medi-spa, home contractor are some good examples. They may have a lot of resources but mostly without a good design or technical background for Wordpress but they will try to ‘make it work’. In a few years if they don’t keep the site up with some outside professional it just falls apart. I find WF to be amazing value for these types of businesses because they can cut the cord with the IT consultant and simply have their staff begin making important content updates to their website even if they have little technical experience. Here I’m talking about the power the Webflow CMS can have for a customer.

We like to tell clients that we don’t want to charge them for monthly or quarterly work to just keep the site breathing, like updating plugins, themes etc. If we are billing them, we are making meaningful changes to their website which have a marketing or business rationale and they can continue to have their staff update content.

Good points. I like to mention as well that with wordpress you have to be vigilant about updating it all the time and updating all of your plugins regularly. It is much more prone to security issues and hacking, requires a robust firewall and some regular maintenance or could become a problem. Not to mention the updates to PHP and potential to easily get “broken” if you don’t know what you are doing or make a mistake. Hackers are constantly probing for weaknesses in WordPress sites.

1 Like

Thank you all for your contribution.