Can not insert Youtube video in editor

We have started scheduling our Youtube videos, and because of this, we are unable to insert the links to these videos, which makes sense because it’s not public.

However, after the video has gone public, Webflow still can not locate this video, and we have had to use an iFrame and embed to get the video on the page.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I think that after a while, Webflow finally catches up with the fact that the video is public, and we are then able to use the standard insert video option in the editor.

Hey Anaru.

First, I’d check this- there’s a good chance the video is fine and accessible, but that you’re unable to embed it due to an unrelated issue with a browser plug in. I’ve seen a lot of people having this issue lately.

Second, one way around this is to skip the embed process altogether. The easiest way depending on your setup is to simply store the YouTube video ID in your CMS, and then to build the YouTube embed HTML in an HTML embed with that ID.

You get a lot more control, and the ability to make it mobile-responsive this way. More importantly, you don’t need Webflow’s embed “link the video” step, so you can do it before the video is published.

This depends on your use case. In mine, many blog articles are either text, or a video, or a podcast, so with that primary “article type”, I create the page accordingly. If you’re trying to embed an unknown number of vids in less-predictable places ( like inside of a Rich Text Element ) it will be a bit more involved to set that up effectively.

If you receive the error message, "Embedding disabled on request” ,you have probably accidentally disabled embedding via YouTube. To grant permission again, follow these steps: Go to “Video Manager.” Select the appropriate video and click “Edit”.19-Mar-2019