Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Can I set up a dynamic list to get data from multiple collections?

BS"D
I want to have a few collections, eg, article, stories, videos etc…
Can I have a dynamic list that retrieves data from all of them?
Thanks

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Yes, you can by using one collection for all of them. Then you add an option menu to specify the type of post.

Hi. Can you please explain a little more? I’m new to this CMS stuff and am not sure what you mean. Thanks and G-d Bless

That means you create a collection called “Post” to contain (article, stories, videos). In the collection settings, you have an option field to specify the type of post (article, story, video).

I created a collection called “all Posts”, made three multi-reference fields for each of the thrre collections I want. The I created a new post under the “all Posts” collection and included all the articles books and stories manually in each of the three fields. But that doesn’t work. I tried linking an element to the all posts collection and it only gave one result - the post I created under “all posts”.
What am I doing wrong?

No, I’m saying no more separate collections. Just one.

BS"D
Ok. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I did that at first, but then I saw it was getting too disorganized, as my client has various items ranging from health articles, children’s stories, health books, spiritual essays, health products and more in the future. If I place all those things in one collection and give each one a label with the option field, then it will become a big mess, as I will have a huge collection of completely different items all mixed up together…
Regards

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.