Can i manually sort order

I want the 2nd post to be the 1st post (I sold them an ad that where their ad should be a the top of the page for the duration) But i want to be able to add new posts without them overtaking the one I want to stay at the top. How can I do this? I have tried setting the post to “featured” but it didn’t seem to do anything.

Here is my public share link: [LINK](Webflow - Ontario Poker)
(how to access public share link)

In case my inquiry isn’t clear, what I want to be able to do is make a specific post featured by forcing it to the top of the displayed posts in the newsfeed, while keeping the other ones sorted by date published as they currently are. What is the best way to force one of the posts to the top ? In this case, the post that is currently showing 2nd, because it was the 2nd last published, I want to show at the top.

hi @Ryan_Fisler as there is many ways “how to”, here is at least an idea how this problem can be solved. Keep in mind you are limited by WF pure functionality. Anyway, you have a several options to achieve this effect. The first one is to add a boolean field to your document type, let’s call it isFeatured. Then you can use this field to sort your documents in the order you want.

This will sort your documents by isFeatured field in descending order, so the documents with isFeatured set to true will be shown first. Then, if two documents have the same value for isFeatured, they will be sorted by publishedAt field in descending order, so the most recent documents will be shown first.

If you would like to have isFeatured set to specific order, you can use a number field like articleIndex. Then you can set the value of this field to 1 (2…10) for the articles you want to be featured, and 0 for the rest of the documents. Then you can sort your documents by this field in descending order, and then by publishedAt field in descending order.

ISSUES:

The issue become when time of displaying the Article (advertisement) is over. How to remove it from the top of the list ?

You can use a date field to set the date when the article should be featured. Then you can use this field to sort your documents in the order you want.

This will sort your documents by featuredUntil field in descending order, so the documents with featuredUntil set to the future date will be shown first. Then, if two documents have the same value for featuredUntil, they will be sorted by publishedAt field in descending order, so the most recent documents will be shown first.

The best way is to handle this mechanism programmatically to have everything done dynamically. If you are not a programmer you will need to change the value of articleIndex to 0 or/and featuredUntil field manually. Of course you can also use Zappier or other “no-code” paid tools.

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed answer. I appreciate it.