Can I copy styles between breakpoints?

Copy and then Paste Style is standard feature for other similar builders.

This should definitely be the first next thing to add to Webflow.

What an absolute pain to redo everything. There must be a workaround!

@MarcusFuto - Nope. Maybe in the future.

I believe that copying all styles to the 1279px breakpoint without manual adjustments isn’t feasible, as it contradicts the intended approach outlined in the introductory video, where the breakpoint serves as the initial reference point. In my opinion, the workflow shouldn’t be affected whether designing on a 1920px screen and then developing for 1279px first before scaling up. Typically, layouts from 1279px to larger screens remain quite similar, with differences mainly seen in grids or cards, which can adapt responsively using max-widths. Ultimately, since 1279px still falls within the desktop resolution range, the user experience and content presentation should remain consistent regardless of the screen size exceeding 1920px.

@michelmay - Hi there! I noticed you have a suggestion for Webflow. I just wanted to let you know that Webflow keeps a wishlist where you can check for similar feedback or submit new ideas. While they may not always respond as quickly as we’d like, the wishlist is the best place to share your thoughts directly with their team.

If your idea isn’t on there yet, I’d encourage you to add it!

Here’s the link:https://wishlist.webflow.com

Sharing your feedback helps Webflow understand what features are important to users like you. Even if it takes some time, adding your voice to the wishlist helps get your idea on their radar. Hopefully by working together we can help make Webflow even better. Let me know if you have any other questions!

1 Like

I agree with you. It’s really lame the way they did this.

I watched a bunch of tutorials from Flux Academy and this guy talks about responsive design in Figma and the standard breakpoint sizes, and column guides for each…

I have seen the guy from Flux Academy do entire designs from Figma and move to Webflow effortlessly. Never once did I hear anything about not being able to change breakpoint sizes…

And the Webflow breakpoint sizes are different from the ones the other guy said is the standard…

So now I have a design in Figma for desktop 1440, tablet 1024, mobile 744, and mobile portrait 375… and now I find out that Webflow thinks 1440 is large and 1024 is the base desktop breakpoint.

Now I have done web development professionally and worked with pro designers and they gave breakpoints and 1024 is tablet… The idea that 1024 is desktop is just nuts… it’s like Gradma using her 286 2mhz Pentium 2 or something.

Such a pro software like Webflow should let you change breakpoint sizes, esp since it’s super easy in CSS. I’m not a lay man… I know it’s literally super easy changes… In fact, people do this after they export the code from Webflow… it’s that easy.

That’s just a feature suggestion for devs. I’m not crying about it or anything…

I will do some massaging of the design in Figma and then design for the 1280 whatever and add the 1440 and just manually add all the sizes… and I’ll have to change the base to the 1024 design.

Keep in mind not everyone goes the same path you’d expect.

I was introduced to webflow by a guy telling me to get Flux Academy masterclass … I ended up watching all their videos. (on YouTube, not the masterclass)

I’m assuming you ended up manually changing everything?