So, I have been trying to re-create my idea about Archive of blog posts, which I told in this post:
Blog Archive Dynamic Pages
When I start to build the structure I realize that blog-posts will have to be archived not only by the month but by the year too. So idea has been changed a bit during the process.
Also have to notice:
it is not an absolutely perfectly structured example, but more like a basic concept, which you can use and improve.
1) We will add 2 more fields in the Article (blog-post) template:
- Archive month
2) Both this fields will have to have information from the list of month and list of years, for creating an archive. Since list of months is always the same we can use field type OPTION.
3) For list of years I used REFERENCE type of field, which connect to separate collection “Archive folders” with only one field inside, contained “names” (number) of years.
4) Now we have a templates for every year. Next step is adding to the template body 12 dynamic lists of Articles (blog-posts) collection, filter in by referenced field “Archive year” equal “current Archive folder” AND for every month add one more filter where option field “Archive month” equal month that we need.
5) If you will decide to use separate collection for Archive months and as a result referenced field (instead of options), you will also have a template for every “Month folder”. And then inside each template you can add separate dynamic list for every year For example, template for February will contain dynamic lists for February, 2014; February, 2015 and February, 2016.
Result you can see on this very basic simple site http://blog-archive-concept.webflow.io
Preview Link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/blog-archive-concept?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=blog-archive-concept&preview=40ed058522a856687be10f0274806298&mode=preview
P.S. I tried to use “Condition visibility” settings for make items in this lists show up only if current date is month later than publishing date on the blog-post, but could not make it work for some reason
Hope this concept can be handy for somebody