Blog capabilities with Webflow?

This is not serious. The Webflow’s staff are playing with us. We are waiting a lot of months any news about this new feature and they are deaf

I think, on the contrary, this is the serious way of doing it. And I’ve expressed it many times here. We know it’s coming, this year, and we know they work hard on it because apart from that there are no new features unveiled.

When you’re a developer with a large user base, you can’t disclose what you’re coming up with and when you’re coming up with it. For a ton of reasons: the first one is you don’t know when a big piece of features is going to be ready to be published. Disclosing any date would be couter productive if you can’t respect them. There’s also competition and this is not good to disclose your roadmap.

Everyone from Webflow talks here, regularily. Not about that obviously, but they’re there, and serious. For the moment, you’ve subscribed to a certain plan and you’ve got everything you’ve subscribed for. We should never subscribe to a software for what it’s going to be.

10 Likes

Can’t agree with you more. If they would have made a solid date around the end of 2014 and things got delayed (We are in 2015 now) there would be far more people complaining about that than just asking for the date.

Nothing good comes from promises you can’t keep. Webflow are doing it right by just keeping their heads down and getting the product polished instead of wasting time with apologies for missed dates or buggy rushed features because they wanted to hit the date they promised.

Quality over quantity.

1 Like

Allthough I totally agree with that point, there’s something worth noting in @javiergaleote’s remark. That people are starting to get more vocal about their opinion about the WF developments in regards to their communication. And simply stating that this way of non-communication is the way to go with a larger user base, in my opinion WF forgets one major point: expectation management.

Fortunately we have a great community here, and @pingram3541 made us all a very welcome tutorial how to get WF into Wordpress.

I think that Webflow Staff should be more communicative with their customers. There are alot of post in the forum of people asking with a timeline or a little more information about the cms feaures and anybody says nothing (I have read tens of related posts)

I’m waiting this feature almost six months and I have found other alternative. I finished frustrated and I have sought other alternatives. It’s my opinion. Thank you.

I moved 2 posts to a new topic: Adding a facebook button to each page

Revealing any sort of timeline would not be in any favour for either the team at Webflow or the customer. If a specific timeframe aren’t held by Webflow it’s a fair guess that a lot more customers will express distinct disappointment as opposed to not knowing anything. And I bet a CMS system takes a heck lot to incorporate to make it as compatible and as easy to build upon for the future possible.

Exactly, and no software company disclose anything before beta (or they do it once and they learn their lesson).

To @javiergaleote I’d like to say that Webflow does engage with their customers, and I’ve rarely seen a service engaging that much and that good. You may not realize, but the way Webflow works is kinda rare: it’s all online, and there is this great Designer platforms where everybody has a page, projects, contacts. A full ecosystem. We can buy and sell templates, and most importantly, we can instantly share read only versions of our project that other can play with, we can allow for copy, duplicate, we can transfer projects… Who does that? I mean what other software company make that much things out of their core software? I’m falling short of an answer.

7 Likes

Would it be good enough if it were a blog that was “webflow aware”? In other words, you do your layout in webflow and your blog magically digests the theme and all your blog posts take on the theme? If so, there may be a pretty nice solution.

2 Likes

I think so. Curious as to your solution.

I am building a site for someone right now and am binding it to a word-press blog. fortunately the webflow homepage is frst-up in this project so i will tie a skeleton child theme under themeatic around the backside. It is much easier to do the webflow first and then wordpress because I will already have my styles and css rules to carry into it. doesnt seem very hard at all compared to trying to take your after the fact custom home page and tie it to an established blog.

Thanks for the interest. I’m actually working on a solution over the next few months. But I’m trying to gauge the interest. I need to know if people would actually subscribe to a blog system that is MUCH simpler than wordpress, with its biggest feature being that you can bring your own webflow theme.

3 Likes

I think webflow does a nice job with their blog

Me too. I check every once in a while but there’s still no RSS (-;

http://vincent.polenordstudio.fr/snap/rw2yi.jpg

Hmmm… should I start a thread dedicated to my work on my webflow themeable blog system?

5 Likes

Any news…nearly a year now and we are all still waiting… :smiley:

Thanks for waiting guys! We’re working really hard to get something out there as soon as humanly possible. Don’t worry, it’ll be worth the wait!

10 Likes

This. Is. Soooooooooo. Much. Desired. And. Therefore. Good. News.

2 Likes

Indeed, Diu! Excited to hear something definitive.

Hopefully, can get more humans on the project. :slight_smile:

1 Like