Best way to implement tagging/categories

Hi everyone,

I was hoping for some advice on the best way to implement filtering by lots of categories/tags for CMS items on a page.

I tried to use multi-ref for the categories, but quickly ran into the 5 items limit which meant I couldn’t filter by the categories not pulled in.

How do you guys go about structuring this when you have lots of categories to filter by?

Here’s my public link & live link . Page I’m referring to is Home Design.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hey @Graffiki, looks like you figured it out? I see a list of the categories on the page.

Unfortunately not, it’s just a list of the categories. I’m trying to figure out a way to filter by all of those categories.

As there’s more than 5, I can’t use the nested CMS to pull in the categories for each company to then filter by using Mixitup.

Any suggestions?

Ah got it, I misunderstood your first post.

I think what you’ve done is correct for most cases.

But, for what you want there are 2 solutions I can think of:

1. Use a Text Field and write comma separated text/strings and use custom code to assign the strings as a class for mixitup to capture. this solution is a work-around not ideal.
  2. You break the categories, say by Gender, Type, Style, Utility. Still some limitations to this because you can only add 1 nested collection.

No worries, thanks for the suggestions though. Both seem like limited workarounds and I’m really surprised that there doesn’t seem to be a better way!