Asset management suggestions!

OK, it’s time for a formal complaint.

The assets are a mess!

1. No folders.
  2. No multiple delete.
  3. No Select (as in collections)

Please, please sort it out, we have been complaining about it for years (July 2015 “I am really surprised that we cannot delete assets…having to scroll through all assets is very time-consuming…”) and in a forum with the capo di tutti capi 6 months ago, he said it was being addressed…

It is the worst aspect of creating sites in Webflow and virtually unusable for image-heavy sites.

Love Hywel

2 Likes

Hi @Hywel

While I’m unable to provide any update on this, I can definitely recommend adding your comment to the Wishlist here if you haven’t already: https://wishlist.webflow.com/ideas/WEBFLOW-I-1057

Anyone else reading this, add your vote here :point_up:

There are many others who have voted for this, including me! :crossed_fingers: :grimacing:

1 Like

Been there, done that! But good point.

2 Likes

It’s been 8 months since your post. I’ve checked back on this one continually (for years) because managing assets is a nightmare with Webflow. My top complaint about the app. It’s been at the top of the wishlist for years and is currently number 3. Was up before Webflow even had a CMS.

From a software development standpoint, some very simple controls could help a number of the complaints. A “remove unused assets” function, or even multi-select would save me hours of single file deletions. I’m talking thousands of clicks I have to make to remove unused assets from sites that I’ve duplicated.

I don’t understand the hold up on this wishlist item. For an app that’s supposed to speed up production for it’s users, this is a big deal.

1 Like

Totally agree.

I control a fashion website who update their ranges twice a year - literally hundreds of photos - and I have reached the point where I think it will be quicker to produce a new website that start deleting old images… I even did an attempt at suggesting an approach: https://potential-gallery-functionality.webflow.io/

I love Webflow but this is a major failing.

2 Likes