Anyone else missing the up/down arrows in the Style Tab?

I agree, I thought it was a bug.

You’re not the only one who was searching for this missing feature. And yes it’s working with up and down keys.

Just a pity to get this information about this update just by logging out and in again to your account. Seems to be the only chance to get this update notifications, maybe for technical reasons. I think an email notification would have been another chance to inform users about updates, but I didn’t get any email about, although I set the checkmark for this notifications in my account.

We have the “Announcements” forum topic, but Webflow have been using it less often.

Wow, I noticed just now, they have also changed the green colour of “Published an hour ago” text in the Publish panel. Now it’s so bright and tacky, looks so cheap…

@uzzer if it just would be the an unlikely color, I would not say any single word, but it’s stability what I’m missing since some time. I already was mentioning this in another thread, but nobody here or at Webflow seems to see this stability problem, as I did not get any feedback until now.

1 Like

I really like the new colours but do miss the increment arrows! What about adopting this UI pattern?

1 Like

I don’t miss them. I’ve learned to use the keyboard instead. I think they’re to small anyway to hit them quickly.

2 Likes

I like that implementation - just skip the ‘hover to reveal’ (IMO) and leave them visible - the usage is then obvious to the new user and consistent with de facto UI standards.

In addition, I believe there is a good case for a System Preferences panel that will allow us to tailor the designer to our liking. (ie; set named, saved preferences) Most ‘development / design’ tools offer this. Matt can have his arrows (me too) and Jorn can get rid of them. Would be very easy to implement in the system.

… thinking out loud … caffeine just kicked in … :innocent:

3 Likes

I’m super missing the arrows. I used them all the time. Taking my hand off the mouse or trackpad to press the arrow keys is making things take longer. +1 on the adobe style solution. I’ve always wished that Webflow had that.

2 Likes

The same way we can change between advanced layout and normal, we should be able to choose to keep or remove the arrows…

I definitely agree with @Joe_Hohman, taking my hand from the mouse to look for the up and down keys is not something I’m happy in doing :confused:

A couple of fast clicks on the arrows have helped me many times when using webflow

1 Like

Definitely missing those arrows. What was the problem that was solved by removing them?

2 Likes

Please return these arrows back

1 Like

Please please please return the arrows ASAP.

1 Like

Perhaps I’m the only one who feels this way, but I LOVE the new, minimal UI. Keep the arrows gone! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m with you, Mr. Energi. I actually like it, too. For me, it’s actually easier to just go straight to my keyboard’s arrow keys while I have an element selected to fine-tune one pixel at a time or hold down shift for jumping 10 pixels at a time. It actually takes me more time to bring my mouse over to the up/down arrows to shift things around.

1 Like

At first I was a bit annoyed, but I think it cleans up the UI in a good way. The keyboard will always be more accurate and I think it’s better for me in the long run.

2 Likes

For me, it makes sense working like in Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects — arrows to edit values, shift key to multiply amount. It seems natural to me :slight_smile: Less is more, and the old UI was a little clunky, I felt

But could you not go straight to the arrow keys before the arrows were removed?? I’m tryng to understand the benefit of removing the arrows…is it just for a cleaner ‘less cluttered’ look? If so, have a toggle option on the designer. Seems like a simple fix…especially if your using Webflow to create the toggle interaction! LOL!

@md673 @adiggy @energidesign …I’m just curious, how long have you been designing and developing websites, and how well do you know code?
Also, were the arrows an inconvenience that you noticed, or do you just now realize that you like the cleaner look?
Thank in advance.
-Jay

I’m not sure I understand the accuracy complaint – its never been a problem for me to hit the right arrow and certainly not so bad vs the need to click in the field then move to the arrow keys.

@energidesign My latest versions of adobe tools often have incremental arrows – photoshop doesn’t, though has hover-drag instead (ie. another option than arrow keys):

I have more understanding for the less-cluttered argument – what about how sketch does it?

For me the long and short of it is that these methods of trying or nudging values are designer-friendly – they suit people who ‘eye-ball’ stuff to get it right. The arrow key method for this is certainly not the end of the word, but I don’t think they can be considered a standard practise by design tool standards (it definitely a ‘hidden’ feature). Where more sophisticated methods of scaling and moving do not exist and particularly for the smaller nudges that suit web design, I for one found the arrows useful.

1 Like