Any known workarounds for nesting collections? Need to show tags in cards

Hello @Graffiki & @antar

I have the same problem and tried to apply your solution but it doesn’t seem to work for me and I am wondering if I am missing something here.

My project (WIP) is: https://fair-fashion.webflow.io/

Live link

My collection list “Brands” has a nested collection list “Categories”.
This is the script I tried to use:

I would be forever grateful if you could help me.
Cheers

Ulli,
I’d be happy to help.
I looked through your live link and I didn’t see an element with the class “categories-link” in the “brands” page – could you point it out to me? It seems like the class you’re trying to grab is “collection-list-3”. I tried it in the browser console and it seemed to work.
jQuery('#twodaysoff-categories').load("/brands/twodaysoff .collection-list-3");

You would, of course, have to adjust the formatting to make it fit

Oh wow. Thank you. That’s a bit embarrassing. It works now. Thank you so much!

Can’t thank you enough mate, you made it super easy and saved my ass!

The 5 elements limit in nested collection is so frustrating.

I don’t understand!!!

How can it be that this guide is buried under all the other crap I’ve came across? :smiley:

Antar, you have literally gave me new SUPER POWERS with this nifty little hack.

I can’t thank you enough for sharing your code. Thank you!

~ Rhino

@antar

Great bit of a jquery there! I have a question, and hope yourself or someone can help. So, fetching the names of more than 5 works, however, I need to show the information within the fetched data.

For example, we sell tiles, and each tile is linked to a variation containing other information. Each variation has size, thickness, finish, price. Size, thickness and finish are multi-references to those CMS. And price is a plain text field.

But I just can’t get my head around to implementing this jquery to show additional data that is more than just the name.

And last question - does it have to be a link? As this display of information is just for viewing purposes and not really links.

Can you help or anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Preview link: Webflow - TileHaus | Home | Luxury & Affordable Porcelain & Ceramic Tiles

Pages: For example, visit CMS Pages > Tile Collections - Level 2