Animation targets keep getting disconnected


I noticed some of the animations are not working anymore. I found out the animation targets got disconnected somehow. I connected them to right targets again, published but the targets got disconnected again. Anyone having the same issue?

The problematic animation is 'Elements fade on page load".

Here is my site Read-Only:

HI @daeeki, thanks for the info, I can see the targets in the interaction, is the issue still happening for you ?

I would also recommend to check that the browser is running the latest updates, and to see if there are any browser extensions loaded that might be conflicting with the Webflow browser code.

A good way to check if browser extensions are conflicting, is to open the browser in Incognito mode (in Chrome) or Private Window mode (in Safari) and reload the site in the designer.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Dave, the problem isn’t with the ‘Move up and fade in on scroll’ animation. The problematic animation is ‘Elements fade on page load’ that is used to load elements in the hero sections on all the pages.

I just checked again, and the animations are disconnected again. FYI, It was working perfectly fine for months, and it suddenly not working. Please see the attached image for the problematic animation I’m referring to.

Hi @daeeki, thanks, I am helping to check on that, have you tried to change the target for those missing interactions? If you right click on the animation step then select Change Target and reselect the element, that is a solution to get those working again.

Alternatively, you can also check from site backups if there is an earlier version of the site that contains the targets:

Unfortunately, the targets themselves cannot be set back the way there were from the backend, the targets would either have to be reselected (change target) or restored from Backup. As to why it happened, I will need to check further on that.

I will post back when I have further info.
Thanks in advance

Thanks Dave,

I did reconnected the elements but they get disconnected again.

Weird thing is, when I reconnect the elements in the animation and publish, it works briefly. Then after a couple minutes the animation targets are disconnected again.

This seems like a bug.

p.s. I have turned off all the extensions and the problem still exists, both on Safari and Chrome on Mac.

Hi Dave, any update on this issue?
Or at least, is there any suggested workaround until the bug is fixed?

Hi @daeeki

Thanks so much for posting about this.

After looking into the issue a bit more it appears this is expected behavior. The animation targets that are being disconnected are on elements that don’t exist on the home page. For example, you are targeting full width background in the animation list which works well for the “Google DE” page. However, the full width background element does not exist on the home page so the animation target will appear as disconnected.

I’ve made a quick video explaining how this works with more detail.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Sorry about the late response, and thank you so much for the detailed video Brando!

I’ll give this a try in the weekend.

HI @Brando,

I fix the interaction on the main page but I’m stuck on reusing the interaction on other pages.

Basically, the main page has its own animation and its unique elements, so no problem there.
The problem is if I add a new animation ‘2 Elements fade in and move down’ on ‘Unveil’ page and set it to affect class, This animation wont’ work on ‘Picture quote’ page which has elements with the same class. The animation binds the targets fine but the animation won’t work.

Any idea why this isn’t working?

Does anyone have an idea what the issue is?

cc @Brando

Hi @daeeki

I did some testing on this end – this is definitely odd. We are looking into this more, but can you please try this workaround:

  1. Open the interaction
  2. Change all the animations to affect the Selected element rather than the class
  3. Then change them back to the class basd
  4. Close the animation list and publish
  5. Test preview mode and the live site to see if this resolved the issue

I tested this on my end and resetting the class based animation seemed to work.

Thanks @Brando for looking into this.

I’ve tried the suggested steps but unfortunately it doesn’t work.

Thanks again for testing that out. After digging into this more with the team, we were able to find the issue. It looks like these elements have different combo classes, so the class based interactions won’t work here. For example, you have a hero image on both the picture quote page and google de page, but each has a unique combo class.

To fix this, you can duplicate the interaction and retarget the animations. I made a quick video detailing these steps.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for verifying the issue. @Brando

I wasn’t aware the animation wouldn’t work on combo class.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.