Anchor links no longer working

Anchor links on this site have always worked in the past, and they haven’t been updated at all, but today they’re no long scrolling the user down the page.

This is the page in question: World Without Exploitation | Stats

If the user clicks any of the links at the top of the page, they should be scrolled down to the corresponding section of statistics. (like: World Without Exploitation | Stats)

Any ideas what’s going on?

Read-only link below:

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @helmsmith

Thanks for posting about this!

I took a look at your site and tested on this end. It looks like the navlinks at the top lead to different pages but the hyperlinks in the lower part of the hero section (anchor links) appear to be working as expected (GIF)

If you are seeing different behavior, can you please provide a screen recording?

​Thanks in advance!

Thanks @Brando, which browser are you using? I’m having the issue in Chrome. I just checked Safari and it’s working there.

Here’s what I’m seeing in Chrome: Dropbox - File Deleted

Hi @helmsmith

Thanks for sending that video – definitely odd behavior.

I’m using the latest version: Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Can you please check to make sure you are on the latest version?

If the issue continues, can you test these links in incognito with all browser extensions disabled? And if you see any console errors, can you grab a screenshot of those?

Thanks!

Tested Incognito and it worked. I turned off all my extensions and restarted Chrome, however, and still no luck in regular mode. This is also happening on my client’s side as well, so not just my machine.

And I am on the same (latest) version of Chrome, confirmed.

Hi @helmsmith and @Brando

I notice the editor icon is showing on @helmsmith screen recording, I know from experience this can cause bugs when the editor is in play, if your client also has editor access I imagine this could be the reason??

1 Like

I’m betting you’re right! Thanks for the tip.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.