An idea: Copy classes

Brilliant idea:
ctrl + shif + c: copy all classes of the selected item
ctrl + shift + v: paste all classes on top.
ctrl + alt + v: adds to the already existing classes.

Genius or not? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Have been thinking about thisā€¦webflow is already so good am fooled to think this feature is already availableā€¦ @thesergie what do you think?

I think this idea is good only in texts, in normal divs you can simply copy a div ā€¦ :frowning:

not so bright the idea, haha, but I think the webflow could grow in terms of hotkeys

this is brilliantā€¦

Haha I love how you started with ā€œBrilliant idea:ā€. I have a question for youā€¦ when do you find yourself needing to copy and paste classes? Is it when you have a whole bunch of elements in a row and you style the first one but then want to apply it to the other ones without having to type the class info?

Just trying to think if multi-select would be a good solution for your specific situation, but I donā€™t know your situation yet. @MartinB and @dannesh can you guys chime in too? Thanks!

I am a designer, not a coder. I understand CSS classes and cascading but am not familiar with any coding techniques. I got up to speed creating my own websites with webflow pretty quick. I really like it.

But in the process I ran into quite some situations that I wanted to recreate a class without using that same class name again. Or just copy font style and use that for another class. Or recreate a heavily nested class into a new one.

It might be a designers habit wanting to copy styles. I donā€™t know. But it I miss it.

Cheers
Martin

So Martin it sounds like you want to copy the style properties of a class to another class. Iā€™ve been wanting that too! We have plans to improve out style manager which will allow for this kind of flexibility youā€™re talking about.

7 Likes

@thesergie, My idea came when I had several titles (with different text) and wanted to apply several classes like: .green .bold .center, etcā€¦

I usually work that way, in very large sites I separate the property into classes as if they were variables.

But thinking deeper, I think it is more personal.

I want to be able to copy and paste Styles too. Thanks

Any update on this? Fingers crossed!

1 Like

We donā€™t have this feature quite yet. Weā€™re working on some other big things, so thanks for your patience!

3 Likes

Bump. This would be incredibly useful for me as Iā€™m working on complex animations. Frustrating to have to do this so manually when it would be easy with code. Unfortunately parent class solution doesnā€™t work for me because it seems that interactions canā€™t affect child classes.

I literally just ran into a need for this. Hoping itā€™s there and I just donā€™t know the magic key-combo to activate it :slight_smile:

I dream of this feature whenever I close my eyes :kissing_closed_eyes: