Amazon s3 link into cms video link field

Good Day,
I have stored my video ads in an amazon S3 bucket, I copied the url into the video link field in my cms collection but I get the red error message that says it must be a correct url. I see in amazon there are many links I can choose but I took the standard url. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? I have include a screenshot of the issue as well as share link. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my public share link: **[LINK](Webflow - Copy of Client first cloneable)

(how to access public share link)

@jillbascome - When you access your file in a browser what happens?

I get error message… but it looks fine in the bucket (see attached)

I’d guess two issues- one, your permissions are probably not set for public readonly access for your S3 files. You should be able to drop the URL in any browser and access that file.

Second, in your CMS you cannot use a video field to paste a general video URL. It needs to be a recognized URL that Embedly can process, e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, etc.

You probably want to use a standard URL field, and then work out a video player setup that you like.

Great…thank you. I was wondering the best place to store the videos. Thought is was AWS buckets but your advice makes sense…thanks again

AWS or any other CDN works just fine when your permissions are set and you use custom code to handle the video (HTML5 video element).

Thank you for that, but I am using a CMS for the video ads… normally I would just copy the object code from AWS and use it to link my images and video. I am not a developer but if I can use a link from aws would the S3uri link work instead of the object link?