Alt tags not shown on auto-generated responsive-images

This is something I noticed today when I was doing some SEO checks. The responsive images do not receive the alt tags of the original image. See image below

Should they receive the alt tag? I assume they should.

Hi @Diarmuid_Sexton, thanks for the good question. I am checking into this and will get back to you as soon as I have a bit more info.

Thanks in advance.

Any update on this @cyberdave?

Hi @Diarmuid_Sexton

I spoke with the team on this. The alt tag is independent of srcset (variants are the list of urls within the srcset).

If, however, you have other instances of that img you will need to ensure the alt tag is set for all of them within the element settings.

Can you please share your Read-Only link and I can take a look further into this :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info. I solved this - there were actually three different logos which I thought Webflow had generated through the responsive-image generator but Iā€™d actually made them for different device resolutions. Sorry about the confusion but thank you for the info.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @Diarmuid_Sexton and my pleasure! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.