All interactions are gone from my site

I first posted about an issue with my site loading since I switched to SSL today:

After digging into designer I realize now that ALL of my interactions for my site are gone after today’s update. The interactions menu is completely empty. There is no way I did this myself, and would completely explain why my preloader runs continuously.

What is going on?? Please tell me this is something Webflow can fix ASAP.

Here’s my read-only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/heco?preview=ba002463f5ce27c1266fdb12854918b7

Sorry to hear that @helmsmith! We’re investigating right now to see what could have happened. Can you try to preview your older versions and see if you still have interactions?

Yes I’m looking at a version from 12 days ago that does have the interactions intact. I just loaded it and everything seems to be working again. I just need to backtrack on any other changes I made in the last 12 days (thankfully I don’t think it was much).

I’d still love to know why this happened and have my more recent version restored with interactions if possible, just in case any tweak I’ve made recently goes overlooked.

Yeah it’s super weird. We’ve only had one other case where the homepage was somehow deleted from the project. We’re trying to figure out how that happened. We’re putting more safeguards in place to make sure that would never happen again. Sorry for the trouble. :sweat:

2 Likes

I appreciate the quick responses. Thank the old gods and the new for backups. :slight_smile: Hopefully something like this can’t happen again but I’ll be backing up a little more regularly in the meantime.

1 Like

Haha yeah it gives our team a heart attack when something like this happens to a user’s site. Glad it was mostly resolved, but we need to track it down and make sure our auto-backups are super reliable. :smiley:

HELP! I am also having some weird things happen with my interactions. All are there but I can not make new interactions that affect different elements. It will not allow me to input other elements. Also interactions I have made that do affect different elements show what looks like a background naming convention and when I click into them, they show no name for the different elements.

Here are some photos & my share link:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/full-width-examples?preview=64420aeb6d296cbaa7750f0549c12f70

I just tried restoring a backup, but it didn’t prove to be helpful.

Any thoughts?

I get the same issue with interactions in both Safari & Chrome.

We are aware of the issues and are working on a fix now.

Ok, thank you! Appreciate all you guys do.

1 Like

bug fix has been pushed. can you try again?

All is well! Thank you.

Hello! Unfortunately, it’s the same for me. My interaction has gone since yesterday.
I make a new one with backups.

But this kind of errors are like :cold_sweat:

Backups helps for this, but when you have made some works after the error, you must choose between the state before the error or keeping the new work and remake interactions. No other options like copy/paste some stuff.

Same problem here. Just sent a support ticket out.

hi! @PixelGeek same happened to me but with the colours i saved instead…any thoughts?

I got some problems, too. Click trigger interactions which are supposed to affect different elements do not work in the designer but on the live page. please help :slight_smile:

This just happened to me as well.

I hope this helps the team debug further… I noticed from my back-ups that interactions disappeared after I clicked into the new utility pages. I didn’t notice at the time as when I published the site, it published those utility pages too and only after that I noticed I lost the interactions.

hi there. yes, we are still looking into this.

Can you provide a link and a screenshot to the issue? (you can send it to support@webflow.com if it’s sensitive)

I’ve lost interactions from my site too.