Agency seeks freelancer for long-term relationship

You can read the full job description here:

https://www.ashandelle.com/hiring/web-designer

We’re looking for a freelance designer who builds in Webflow. Someone who freelances full-time and is looking for steady, ongoing work from a partner. For those interested, there is the possibility of converting to a full-time role in the future.

I will note we’re looking for strong design chops, not just the ability to build in Webflow.

If you have questions, ask away. You can apply on the site or put details here. I’m not picky. That said, the application form triggers an email, so I’ll see it sooner. :slight_smile:

Candidates must be in the U.S. or Canada. No agencies.

Not based in the U.S. or Canada.

However, I’m curious why do you require candidates to be in these specific countries?

Is it timezone? Language/culture barriers? Or perhaps, something in between.

Hey there !

Its Gal.

I would also be interested but live in Sweden! If that was not an issue here is my portfolio:

Hi Chat,

I’m Mark (www.studio120.co.uk)

As a long-time designer and developer for 20 years +, I know my brand design (BBC, Salomon, Wilson, Barclays, etc) - but I also know my dev.

I have spent my life freelancing, working for many agencies. Currently, I offer my services part-time to international digital agency Corra in New York and Bent Liquid in Idaho. (I am based in London UK but have a much experience working for US-based companies and the various timezones).

I am looking to take on more interesting projects.

I am a graphic designer by trade. But as I am sure you know, it is challenging to find a developer who also understands design and a designer who understands development. I can translate Figma’s and XD’s accurately while employing best web practices - structuring pages, style guide hierarchy, optimized images, SEO, etc.

I would like to think I am measured in my approach and tasteful in execution. If you are interested in having an informal video chat please let me know.

I recently updated my portfolio, although I still need to propagate the site with more content. But hopefully, you will get an idea of where I am at.

Hope to hear back.

All the best / Mark

Hi Chat,

I am a certified Webflow Expert with over 8 years of web design and development experience. Steady, ongoing work from a partner is exactly what I am looking for! :slight_smile:

Experience
I have designed e-commerce websites, informational websites, tax websites, school websites, band websites, membership websites, non-profit websites, technology websites, smart house websites, restaurant websites, event websites, video websites, and more. I have worked with Webflow, Figma, Zapier, API’s, Memberstack, Mailchimp, and many more.

I would be glad to get together to talk more about the job opportunity.

Teresa

We avoid both agencies and folks outside of the US and Canada because we’re a small, new, growing agency and we like to hire our full-time team members from our freelance pool. That may change as we grow in the future but, for now, that’s a process we believe in and value. But thank you for responding!

PixelPanda, thank you for responding. In the nine days since posting we’ve had a flurry of activity and interviews and just hired a freelancer. That said, if you are an individual, not an agency, and in the US or Canada, would you be open to me potentially reaching out as we continue to grow?

Ahmad, it’s a fair question. I answered it in my reply to Gal:

Hiring international talent can be complex. The reasons you listed—timezone and communication—are also valid but they’re secondary concerns for us. Our primary concerns are our ability to hire full-time folks from our contractor pool and our ability to seek remedy if anything ever goes sideways.

Mark, I like your site! Is it safe to assume though that you’re in the UK? If so, it won’t work out right now but it might in the future. If we do look outside the US and Canada, would it be okay to follow-up with you in the future?

Hi Chat,

Yes, feel free to reach out anytime.

I am an individual freelancer and based in the US.

Teresa

emailed you, Mark, hope to hearing from you soon.