Adobe Fonts font weights not available

Hi,

I’m using Adobe Fonts via the API and none of the font weights are available. Elements use the closest previously selected weight, which is fine for most browsers, but completely fails on iOS browsers.

Screenshots attached for clarification. Read only link

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 2.04.36 PM

I contacted support several days ago with no response, and couldn’t find any threads with the same problem. This thread had a similar problem, but the solution didn’t work for me.

I’ve tried unlinking and relinking & deleting and recreating the Adobe Fonts project with no success.

Hey Tate!

Mind sharing your read-only link for your site? I will see if I can figure something out from there.

I have used multiple weights of several Adobe Fonts on my site with ease, so I am sure this isn’t a universal issue.

Ahh, that’s what I forgot to include. Thanks!

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/tateyeung?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=tateyeung&preview=e3db694c8c8286a5172967ca7cf72865&mode=preview

Hey Tate,

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I think I see what the issue is. Based on the image that you supplied above, it looks like the only fonts that you’re importing aren’t actually different weights, but simply italicized versions of it. Therefore, the way Webflow is setup, they aren’t going to show up in the font-weight menu. You can use the Regular-Italicized version of the font by simply changing the font-style to italicized. As for the Bold-Italicized, you will have to also include the normal Bold version of the font within your webkit as well.

Let me know if this fixes your issue! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh wow that seems so obvious now that you point it out. I enabled the Regular and Bold fonts and it works as expected now. Thanks so much! This had me puzzled for a month and stumped the official Webflow support too.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.