Add & style a mp4 video

Hello everyone,

I am willing to add three 3D objects with an animation to my project, so they have a mp4 video format. I also would like to style them and adjust their width and hight.

These adjustments are not possible for background videos as they get cropped. If I use a YouTube Link it doesn’t look cool as it shows all kind of YouTube elements like a share icon and recommended videos at the end.

I also tried converting the mp4 in gif, but then the quality drops and the size is bigger then 4 MB.

Now I am out of ideas how can I solve my problem and hope that some of you guys come up with a smart idea :slight_smile:

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Radost

Hi Radost,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community :slight_smile:

I would try this method to use a custom mp4: [Tutorial] Responsive Video using HTML Embed

I also recommend to create a web optimized .mp4 version of the original, I use handbrake for that.

Webflow allows you to use custom code in the html embed to create the iframe that will contain the video, see here: Custom code | Webflow University

I hope this helps, there are probably other solutions people have used and others may comment. The BG video is the only native option to upload a video to Webflow (at the moment).

I hope this helps.

Hi Dave,

thanks a lot for the quick response! :slight_smile:

Currently I am using the free webflow version so I have to upgrade my plan to be able to add a custom code. I was just wondering if there are any options to style a background or a YouTube video (without using custom code) I may have missed.

Best regards!

hi, did you manage to find a way? or has a new way been invented since 2021? :smile: