Add or edit nav links in the Editor

Hello,
I’m building my first webflow site for a client at the moment. And while I did a lot of “webflow studying” before starting, I am really surprised (and a little shocked) that there is no way to control the menu of a site via de CMS/editor.

Isn’t it very common to want you client to be able to add a page and then also add a link to it in de menu or submenu (dropdown)?

I know I can make a dynamic list with categories in a dropdown… but this doesn’t work for pages.

The only solution i can think of is making a collection with just links to the internal pages and let this appear via a dynamic list.
But this means that the client needs to manually add these links in the CMS… the full links, because you can only reference an internal page via a rich text field.

Not very ideal and a bit amateurish for a client…

Am I missing something here or should we all start begging webflow to make this easier? :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

I just got myself a Pro plan and I’m really surprised by this as well… and also, why has this one year old topic not a single reply? @PixelGeek your name shows up in lots of posts and vids, are we missing something?? As, I can’t seem to find the right info on this matter… maybe you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks heaps,
Pat

Hi @jarnom have you found a solution or workaround already?

Hi @thesergie just found this reply of you in a thread from 2016… any progress on this??
I am really exited by Webflow, but, not being able to easily do this is spoiling a lot of the fun…

Hey @PatSimons. Thanks for getting attention for this issue again. I haven’t found any other solution yet, then the ones I’m describing in my initial post.

I am also very curious about any planned enhancements to the editor/client experience.

1 Like