Ability to Use More Than 3 References in a Collection

We hear you loud and clear guys! We’re working on a special field that gives you predefined options for that collection.

4 Likes

When will this dropdown thing be available? and How many items can we add to this dropdown list?
For sure we will be able to create dynamic lists filtered by one of the items on the dropdown too. Hope we see this feature real soon. It will help with my recipes’ website. Cause I have so many references in one collection and some don’t need dynamic pages.

Totally! We’re getting really close!

2 Likes

I would like to be able to tag content with multiple types of categories (e.g. current location, previous location, etc etc). The webflow CMS will only let me add 3 reference fields to a user profile, but I need to be able to add a few more than that. Is there a way around this? Is this feature coming?

Thanks!

2nd here… was getting right into this awesome feature until this road block…

I need this also to finish my project with a special movie database.
Another solution could be a separate data collection to cross reference other collections.

This is not working for now, cause you can not access the cross referenced collections “datas”. :frowning:
More on this: Many to Many Relationship? - #3 by Shotster - CMS - Forum | Webflow

webflow has the potential to be a awesome made pioneer in webdesign and creating webpages. but there are still some very important features missing => e.g. every big database needs advanced search functionalities otherwise it gets useless with to many datasets stored.

go for it Webflow Team :+1:
i :pray: for more features!

Hey everyone, @jeff just pushed a new feature that helps alleviate this a bit for simple dropdown values:

http://forum.webflow.com/t/new-feature-the-option-field-for-cms-collections/22208

Still need more than 3 references… Retyping a hundred options is not fun and not to mention the option field has a limit of 16 entries only. Just one more reference, just one more is all I need…

Plus 1 on needing more than 3 references… I understand that it could cause a performance hit, but it is severely limiting!

Post Collection Needs:

• brand (parent)
  • store (location)
  • activity (multi-reference)
    *area (neighborhood)
    *city
    *state
1 Like

Curious when the limit of three collections will be lifted.

1 Like

need > 3 collections as well

1 Like

More than 3 references would be great … !!!

Is there a chance that the no. of references will be increased in the near future?

3 references only? Really? :frowning:
I stumbled across this issue right now… Hopefully it will be extended in the future…

I want to select from the image set of enumerated type. It is not a selection of text.
So the Option Field can not be realized.

When my case as an example …

Rank

• -Name
  • -Icon

• -Name
  • -Rank (Refer one Rank)

Team

• -Name
  • -Leader (Refer one Member)
  • -Members (Refer multi Member)

That is the schema.
Also bind the team list, not worn follow up Rank.Icon.

Reluctantly, only to copy the same image by adding a Member.RankIcon.

There is also the other, in my spear want concept, I want to bind to element from reference of 5 hierarchy.

I would like to ask this corresponds to the development team. Please your help.

With the inability to list my MULTI REFERENCE in a page, I either end up maxing out on REFERENCES for a collection or max out on total allowable FIELDS for a collection.

If I could access my multi reference as a list - and link to it’s fields. That would ideal. Or ability to nest datalists would work.

1 Like

screenshots

Hi Webflow, The max number of references is now 5, but it’s still very low. It kinda works for a small blog, but to build a bigger site with today’s standard (which requires nice design but also handling data) it’s not enough. Any chances this limit is going to be bumped up again soon? you can easily double that, or more…

@PasolInteractive thanks for the feedback. We also run into the limitation internally when we build our our internal pages. So we want to increase the limit but we have to make sure it doesn’t affect performance. Thanks for your patience as we figure it out :slight_smile:

1 Like