Ability to use Content property in Style tab

A common solution for forcing a div to clear its children (floating columns and inline-blocks) is to apply the following to a parent div (commonly called row):
display: block;
content: " ";
clear: both;

Now, display and clear are clearly available in the GUI palette, however, content is not.

Is there a way to apply this clearfix without plugging it into every single projects’ Custom Code section?

Hi @Arbello, thanks for the good question. One thing to try, is to put the css override in the Head of the site in site settings, that will affect all pages where the parent style class is found.

Take a peek here: http://help.webflow.com/faq/how-to-add-custom-head-and-body-code-to-a-webflow-site

As to the ability to use the content property, I have updated this post to a wish list item.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks, @cyberdave!

Currently, I am using your method (plugging the fix in the head via the Custom Code tab in the Dashboard). Though it is the most efficient solution for now, it doesn’t render the change in Designer. You have to plug that bit of CSS in an HTML Embed block per page to see it render in Designer. Obviously, not a big deal, but it’s the difference between WYSIWYG and pre-render mock-ups.