Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Ability to add 301 or 302 redirects to URLs with querystring parameters

Currently having issues getting my job board links to map to specific pages on my Webflow-hosted site.

My job board’s links include a querystring parameter like ?jobid=xxxxx

Links from their API drop everything after the ? when the user hits my Webflow site. For example, http://www.mysite.com/careers?jobid=xxxxx just goes to /careers, when I want to redirect it to http://www.mysite.com/careers/position-name

In an ideal world, I could just redirect everything with the ?jobid=xxxxx string to the appropriate subfolder/page in Webflow. (In a more ideal world, my dagnabbed job board would allow vanity slugs or give tracking links that weren’t slug-dependent, but what can you do.)

But Webflow’s 301 redirects don’t handle ?s. Can anyone help me out? Is there a way to append a querystring parameter to our page names without breaking our normal URL structure?

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

1 Like

That is a good question. As of right now, there isn’t a way to do a 301 redirect for URLs with querystrings .

But I’ll check with my team to see if there is another way.

@Elizabeth_Crouch - This is supported in our page redirection UI now:

Entering query strings will redirect the user to the target URL you entered. You can also redirect users to domains, as announced here: Page Redirect to External Domain

3 Likes

Neat! Unfortunately doesn’t apply to the scenario above.

When I send traffic to my site with a querystring, it drops the querystring, and I don’t get referring data from my applicant tracking system. The problem is mostly inflexibility on their side, but what can ya do. :frowning:

Additionally, I don’t see the 301 redirects I had already set up on my Hosting page anymore; did they disappear when you guys rolled out the new feature?

Definitely not something we would do - are you sure you’re looking at the correct site?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.