A long Rich Text Field becomes unusable

Hi there!

I have a client who wanted a lot of flexibility with his content layout (lots of images, and text, and then images again) so we decided to use a single long text field for a particular section of the site.

The problem : when he get’s towards the bottom of the content, he hits “enter” to get the button with the plus in it to appear. When he does this the browser instantly skips to the bottom of the CMS, leaving the Rich text field he was editing a long way above the screen space.

How can this be solved / prevented - naturally, when he hits enter to begin to upload an image, he wants to see that process, not to have to scroll up to find that place again!

Really excellent system - looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

S

Hi @ssss I’m happy to help with this issue.

If the site’s information can be publicly viewed, can you please send me the following so I can take a closer look?
• Description of what you’re experiencing (include names of site, pages, elements, classes, interactions, etc)
• Examples of what you’re experiencing (Screenshots of issue: Learn web design with free video courses and tutorials | Webflow University or (even better) a GIF taken with LiceCap: Cockos Incorporated | LICEcap - Make sure to show the whole screen for context)
• Environment info that you’re experiencing trouble on (include your exact browser version, device model, operating system version, etc)

I’ll be standing by for your response! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Nelson

Hi @ssss

Our team pushed a fixed recently. Can you try logging out of your account, then back in? Let me know if you see any changes.

I’ll be standing by for your response! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Nelson

2 Likes

Hi there Nelson - Apologies for the late response.

I’ll just poke him now to see if it’s helped - standby, and I’ll be right back with you.

All the best,
Sam

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.