A Challenge for an experienced Web Developer

Just a quick question about Position ‘Sticky’.

Does anyone else have a problem with getting ‘Sticky’ to work?
Currently working on a project. i had an idea that i took to youtube with and found a great tutorial that was aligned with my vision and no matter what I do, I cannot get it to work. Not even when I re-build everything with new class names etc.

Would appreciate some feedback on this… and if you know how to fix it, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Daniel

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/iscalebusinesses?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=iscalebusinesses&preview=bd1deefed3d158e3781c34f698f859bd&mode=preview

Welcome to the community @danielglomez!

Sticky can definitely be finicky but I’d be happy to take a closer look at your setup to see if I can’t shed some light on why it’s not working as expected.

Can you give me a bit more information on what you’re trying to achieve?

1 Like

Hey Mike !

Bare with me for im a beginner so if my terms are off i apologize. That being said, im looking to create two columns- one that is sticky on the left hand side, covering what step they are on, and a static column on the right hand side that will shed light on the steps. i believe ive found some success since i asked the question but i am not entirely certain how to achieve this still.

Thanks again,
Daniel

Do you have an example of the effect? Also which area on your site are you wanting the effect to happen?

I see you’re starting to lay things out but I’m still a bit unsure of which sections should be doing what.

1 Like

Unfortunately i dont, the only example is in the piece of paper i have next to me and in my mind. Neurolink please come faster hahah !!

But i am working on the Content Section where i have 2 columns.
The goal is to make a scroll effect that changes the left hand side from a light blue at step 1 to a dark blue to show progression in the steps and on the right hand side to switch through

If you have an example on paper just snap a picture! Anything helps, otherwise I’m left to my own interpretation which may not be what you’re looking for.

It sounds like you’re just wanting to have a long two column section with one side “sticking” and transitioning between a couple images/divs based on the scroll position of the other side—is that about right?

If so, just start creating the structure in your project (with enough content to illustrate the effect, even if it’s placeholder) and reach out if/when you get stuck on anything. It’s easier for me to help out with some content in place as opposed to creating everything from scratch—not to mention it helps get you familiar with the tools/interface.

1 Like

yes !! i started placing some but i have not added the interactions

so you see where i wrote " How were going to scale your business in 4 easy steps " ? im going to transition that side into “Step 1” “step 2” etc