504 Gateway Timeout

@jonnym I contacted Webflow support about this issue about 3 weeks ago. Got several messages that everything should be fine.

Then I have sent an angry email and got this reply (17.6.2020):

Hi there,

Thanks for letting me know. I have escalated this issue and already have 2 engineers investigating it. Once I have more updates, I’ll let you know.

I will drop a message here when I get some info from them.

2 Likes

update: I do not have any news from Webflow yet. 504 bug is still occurring, last couple of days it is worse than ever before.

Still having this issue and I’ve had no response from Webflow

I’m also having an issue with 504 gateway timeout, just messaged them - crossed fingers for a fast reply!

This is just absolutely ridiculous that it is more than 4 weeks now since I reported the issue and there is still no fix.

We just moved to Webflow… and not even 1 month into migration, we suffer these issues. We are considering reverting back to our old and ugly (but fast) website.
I hope they offer refunds as we invested heavily and have Teams accounts as well for several people.

sorry to hear that @smith_just_smith

I believe that if more people are aware of this issue and send them an email / drop a message here, the better chance Webflow gets this fixed.

So please anyone who is facing this issue, speak out loud - otherwise we will not get a solution I am afraid. :smiley:

2 Likes

Same here, getting 504 errors several times per day. It started about 2-3 weeks ago for me. Would be helpful if Webflow starts a deep dive on this issue, it’s real.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

My name is Josh and Im a Senior Engineering Manager at Webflow.

I’ve been coordinating with our infrastructure and support teams and we are going all hands on deck to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks so much for all the information about the 504 errors you’re seeing as it has helped us get closer to understanding the issues at hand.

The errors we’re seeing are vague and as you know, intermittent. But, we’ve made some changes on our end to hopefully help us identify the root cause.

We have our entire infrastructure team working to resolve this as quickly as possible. Thanks so much for reporting this and bringing it to our attention, and we want to apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.

Myself, or someone from the Webflow team will be back in touch as soon as we have an update.
All the Best,

Josh

1 Like

Hello again everyone!

Josh here, from the Webflow Engineering Management Team.

I wanted to update you on the issues you reported around the intermittent 504 errors.

Our team did some investigating and was able to isolate the issue to a misconfiguration with how we setup our NGINX servers (part of our hosting stack) to terminate bad requests. Instead of just affecting the sites or customers who were making these bad requests, it put unforseen pressure on all of our servers, causing them to error out as you were seeing on occasion.

The issue has been addressed by our team and they have deployed a fix. After a few hours of monitoring everything looks good and we’re now considering this issue resolved.

I want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we appreciate you reporting this issue and bringing it to our attention.

Im going to mark this as resolved, but if you still see issues in the coming days, feel free to bump this and contact us through our support channels.

All the best,

Josh Cypher
Senior Engineering Manager, Webflow

2 Likes

thank you, much appreciated! that solved the issue, we have not seen any timeouts and error since the fix.

thank you very much! Things are also good on my end.

@josh We still have these problems here in Germany. Did you already fix this worldwide? Is there a workaround that we could implement on our side to prevent 504 errors until this is fixed on your end?

It comes and goes randomly.

Hi, @Tobias_Nentwig!

Ben here with the Webflow Customer Support Team!

Stepping in here for Josh to help on this one. Josh has already begun notifying some people on this one and the team is looking into it now.

I’ll circle back here with more details as soon as I have them. Thanks so much for reporting this!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.