403 Forbidden---

trying to get a separate domain linked to a friends site. after lots of tinkering, and realizing I have to go through another service and pay them annually for DNS flattening, I’m getting, when attempting to visit her site on her custom domain, I get a 403 restricted error. underneath is says “openresty.” Anyone have this happen to them?

Hey @Edward_Cronus could you provide the domain name so we can investigate a bit further.

Thanks!

https://www.the-mj.com/ which is relocating to the-mj.com
I’ve been trying to set the site to redirect to root but at the moment it isn’t configured to do so.

i’m going to delete the url on the webflow profile and readd it. i saw that on another thread…

1 Like

hey, got everything working! thanks, sorry

Hey @Edward_Cronus Glad to hear you got it sorted. :slight_smile:

Let me know if you need any other assistance.

I am having the same issue (403 Forbidden). Tried the same solution (deleting and adding the domain again) but it didn’t work. The URL is yojonesy.com. Any other ideas on how to fix this?

I can point out the main areas that cause the 403 problem:

• incorrect access rights to folders and files are set;
  • set the wrong user / group for files and folders;
  • access is denied in the web server configuration file;
  • site files are not uploaded to the root folder on the hosting;
  • The index file name is incorrect in the settings.
    the error is caused by a plugin or extension.
    In my case, there was the first point, it was not difficult to fix. You also have problems with the SSL certificate, see this report.
    I liked the work presented on your site, but I did not immediately guess that you need to click on the “Enter” button.
1 Like

Thank you, Oliver! We resolved the issue and we’re live.

I am so glad to know you like the work on our site. Can you clarify what you meant by saying that “I did not immediately guess that you need to click on the “Enter” button.”